Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Second Week of Fall Quarter

I certainly have not practiced juggling enough during my two weeks since arriving at Kalamazoo. I practiced both today and yesterday, which feels great, but I need to keep up the plan of practicing at least three times a week. My back crosses are getting better, so that I can do two in a row sometimes. Once I get that cleaner I will go for three, and then four in a row. Just little steps toward continuous back crosses. Chops are still really sloppy, but I am getting better with a nice looking "flash one ball 180 turn". I was surprised by how good my handstands felt today too! I have been practicing almost every day against my fall since I arrived at Kzoo, but today was the first time I had done them out in the open, and I think I walked more than 15 feet, plus I even managed to turn around once and then keep walking in the other direction! Miscellaneous tosses are getting cleaner, nicer, and more dancy (cause I do it while listening to music I like), so I may be closer to actually making a solo performance piece. I want to get a few more moves down much more solidly though, before I go on to perform them in a serious environment.

There was a little Cirque du K performance in the Student Center this past Saturday, in which I did some clowning stuff, plus a little ball juggling and some diabolo. I dropped my balls and tangled and dropped my diabolo, but I feel the group performance as a whole went well, and the audience (K students) was pretty receptive. The only ball trick I did was juggling columns with the fake carry up and down, then side to side, then around the head, imitating Micheal Moschen. There is a lot that I can learn from him

No comments:

Post a Comment